Increased noise in homes means more stress and less sleep for American homeowners, according to a recent noise control survey sponsored by Owens Corning. Some 20 percent of homeowners and renters say noise adversely affects their lives.
Nearly 30 percent of respondents of the survey said they would invest in products to make their home quieter, with 62 percent spending $499 or less and 38 percent spending more than $500 to reduce the noise permanently.
Here are some products offered by Owens Corning to help control the noise level in your home:
The QuietZone® Noise Control System effectively manages sound and controls noise by incorporating four basic acoustic principles: breaking, blocking, absorbing, and isolating sound vibrations. This system greatly reduces sound transmission from laundry rooms, entertainment rooms, family rooms, and other areas where noise is created. It can also help create privacy in home offices, master bedrooms, or other areas where peace and quiet is desired.
The QuietZone Noise Control System includes:
- QuietZone® Acoustic Batts
- QuietZone® Acoustic Floor Mat
- QuietZone® Acoustic Wall Framing
- QuietZone™ Acoustic Door System
- QuietZone® Acoustic Caulk
Here are some other things you can do to reduce noise in your home:
- If you have children, set up specific play-times and quiet-times.
- Have guidelines on how loud people can be in certain rooms, i.e. the bedroom or media/TV room.
- Close or lower windows when outside noise becomes an annoyance.
- Check appliances to make sure they run properly.
- Install wall-to-wall carpeting.